Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fifteen Seconds of Fame?

Last September, my Tatting Tea Tuesday - Tidbits post announced a future 15 seconds of fame.

It came! It came!
My 15 seconds of fame...


A complimentary copy of the March/April 2011 issue of Piecework magazine arrived in today's mail.

In the "By Post" column (page 4) is my Letter to the Editor regarding the tatted edging shown in "A Tray Cloth to Hemstitch" (September/October 2010).

Georgia Seitz's web site is cited as a source for the edging pattern. It is to be found here:

"Butterick's Tatting & Netting" 1896
Tatting & Netting, Part 1 (page 24 of 40)

Seeing one's name in print is strangely surreal. (Squee!)

The March/April 2011 issue hits newsstands March 8th.

This issue contains NO TATTING, but it is filled to bursting with rich, vibrant color!

Read on for today's Tatting Tea Tuesday post.

12 comments:

Cindy said...

You're famous! I will have to get my hands on that issue :)

Quayceetatter said...

WOW!!It is always nice to see our name in print. I like their magazine...
Linda M in NM

IsDihara said...

Quayceetatter -- you are a ChocoLove Giveaway winner!

I have been trying to contact you.

PLEASE send me an email with your mailing info. Your prize is ready and waiting to be mailed out to you.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Congratulations! It is exciting to see your name in print. I still have a copy of my by-line article that made the local newspaper my junior year in high school... over 40 years ago! It still brings a smile to my face!

Fox said...

Congrats! That is exciting!
Fox : ))

JB said...

Congratulations! I saw your name in the magazine last night when I opened my issue. I was so excited and proud of you. I am honored to be one of your tatting friends Mrs. Celebrity.

I was also excited to receive my ChocoLove Giveaway package. I love the color of the thread. Thanks so much.

Lelia said...

congrats, I have the magazine, but hadn't opened it to browse (yet)!

Martha said...

I got my copy a few days ago and saw your name! Woo-hoo!

Ridgewoman said...

This is probably old news; but every year Piecework comes out with one issue that features tatting. I always keep an eye out for that one.
I remember when I was 17 I wrote a letter to Compact magazine (now defunct) and it was printed, how excited I was to see my name in print.

It is a fun thing, eh? xxx BJ your neighbor over the mountain...

Suztats said...

Hey, way to go! 15 seconds of fame and forever in print! Waiting for my copy to arrive! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's cool!!


I know someone famous, now!

last year I won your artbin giveaway... it's famous now too!!
lol

Congrats!

Quayceetatter said...

I just emailed you and also sent an email right after I was notified of winning. Just in case you didn't get my email here is my address...

Linda Mageske
6388 Cedar CT
Tucumcari, New Mexico 88401
USA

I am so happy to win a price!!
Many Thanks.