Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tatting Tea Tuesday - Bungled Boy Restart


Tatting Tea Tuesday starts off with a sigh of relief, as my bumbling, stumbling start on the Gingerbread Boy Tat Along has been hurdled.

Sometimes "modus operandi" can get in the way of good pattern instructions.  Assuming that I was tatting the head first (even after reading the instructions through three times) was my first mistake. The next stumbling bumble was not paying attention to which shuttle to use.

These are common sources for tatting frustration. If you have had trouble getting started, there is hope:  Wendy over at Umi & Tsuru blog has created a pattern supplement to help.

From this point forward I will always think of Wendy as a Heroine of Tatting Adventures, right up there with Auntie "Mac" and her Flying Shuttles.  Thank you, Wendy!



My goal for Tatting Tea Tuesday is to complete the Central Body motif while sipping a steaming, grande-size mug of Spearmint tea.

Oh no; I used Starbucks-style "latte lingo."  Dave Barry lowered the boom on this in his "Ask Mr. Language Person" column in October, 2004:  Latte Lingo 

Or you can read the text of Mr. Barry's column as it was posted here.  The New York Times and a few other newspapers published the column too. All in all, a very amusing read.

Raising a spearmint-infused pint to wish you a Mega Grandissimaximo Giganto de Humongo-Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong Tatting Tea Tuesday. See you next week for more communi-tea!

2 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I am SO glad that I don't drink coffee - not even the 'plain' normal kind! So I avoid all this goofiness! These ARE funny articles, so I got my chuckle for the day! Looks like you're off to a good start this time with Gingerbread Boy!

Martha said...

Ahhh, the good old days when Dave Barry was in the paper every Sunday.