Thursday, December 20, 2012

All the Pretty Ponies


Just had to post again to say thank you to Marilee Rockley and Sharren Morgan for crafting the perfect headline for yesterday's post (much better than the one I chose, which expressed an underlying tone of angst).

And to share today's pony, tatted in the car.  This is tatted in Lizbeth® 40 Autumn Apple Pie #169.
I had plenty of time to finish this pretty pony, but no paperclip. So it will be finished at home later tonight.

I will also try to share a "herd" photo.
 
These horses are tatted using Ineke Kuiperij's Horse pattern from her Chess Set booklet (on a paperclip). The booklets are available for purchase from Riet Surtel-Smeulders.

Earlier this fall, I saw a Yahoo tatting group post from Riet over at Bengelblog called "Horsing Around with Ineke's Paard." The linked PDF file credited Bobbie Demmer with showing a horse to Katharine Buckner, Pam Freck and Riet at the end of 2011 Tat Days.  Today when I looking in the Yahoo group files, I did not see the 'Paard' file.  It might have been taken down because it had gotten corrupted.

Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful comments!  They help me so much to keep a caring perspective about this art form and not give in to petty thoughts and pressures.

7 comments:

crafty diane said...

Your ponies are so cute! I would love to make one. Can you please direct me to where I can find the pattern?
Blessings,
Diane

tattrldy said...

Wow, the colorway worked very well for this one. A very pretty pony indeed.

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks lovely, beautiful in those colours
Margaret

Umintsuru said...

Loved yesterday's post and your tatted ponies are all so cute.

IsDihara said...

Oops! Yesterday Mad Tatter left a new comment, and I mistakenly deleted it. Here it is again:

"Those ponies are really sweet. I have the sea horse pattern. I assume you just make the head. But, I'm not sure at what points it's attached to the paper clip? Can we have the pattern?"

God's Kid said...

All your ponies look wonderful!!! :)

Batty Tatter said...

Is there any chance of getting the pattern for the paper clip horse? It's sooo cute.