Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Missing out

Yesterday I missed a lovely Tatting Tea Tuesday gathering because of contract work. The weather was gorgeous, the two tatting ladies delightful.  It was an afternoon of "Tatting on the Farm."

Instead of tatting with the ladies in Virginia horse country, I tatted in my tatting corner. It is a nice corner, but it doesn't have a view of horses frisking in the field or the Autumn splendor of the Shenandoah Valley. Next time I will go!

This is what I am working on (using two of my shuttles made by Georgia and Richard Seitz):

IsDihara's Dove - a work in progress

Does anyone recognize the pattern?  Here is a closer look:

IsDihara's Dove - a work in progress

The pattern is:  Dove © Jane Eborall 2011 and HER dove, pictured below, is 100% finished and looking splendid!

DOVE © JANE EBORAL 2011
All Rights Reserved
For my dove, Lizbeth 40 Snow White thread is being used with opaque white seed beads and a black bead for the eye.  It will adorn a bookmark (in place of a tassel) that I am making as a gift. A friend's son is being confirmed at the end of November. Doves and the color red are symbolic of Catholic Confirmation ceremonies.

Let's cross our fingers that my dove will look a fraction as good as Jane's. I can but hope. Jane does such incredible work.

And speaking of work, it is nose back to the grindstone for me.  À tout à l'heure! (See you soon!)

9 comments:

God's Kid said...

Your dove is looking very beautiful so far!! :)

IsDihara said...

Thank you, God's Kid. I appreciate it.

Margarets designer cards said...

Your dove looks beautiful
Margaret

Jane McLellan said...

It's going to make a wonderful gift!

Sally Kerson said...

Before scrolling down I recognised Jane's dove!
It is a clever pattern, well all her patterns are really and you made it look really dovely!

StringyDogs said...

You are back! Good to see a post and lovely dove.

Ladytats said...

A very perfect Confirmation gift. I am sure yours will look splendid. Jane's patterns seldom need blocking to be what they are.

tattrldy said...

Too bad you missed out on the TTT gathering but the bills do have to be paid. Hopefully it will work out the next time.
You are off to a great start on the dove. It will make a lovely Confirmation gift.

Batty Tatter said...

I like the way the beads are on there. It will enhance the look of it. Eager so see more.