Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tatting Tea Tuesday - Lanyard Update

DH brought me two tasty Teavana tea samples from a recent business trip to Texas, so today I sip a marvelous summertime cuppa Fig Rose herbal tea.  The second sample is Limeade Twist, a refreshing burst of summer citrus. These infusions are like sipping sweet or citrus-y sunshine.

Can I get a high five?  I made it to 22 inches (55.88 cm) on my Beaded Lanyard project.
Here are two photos taken when I was at the 18-inch mark.

Beaded Lanyard © 2008 Patti Duff
Tatting by Is'Dihara 
Patti Duff designed this lovely pattern. More beautiful images of her design can be viewed by clicking on this link from the ShuttleBirds Spotlight, April 15, 2014 - Patti's Lanyard and More



It is still a challenge to capture the colors of this lanyard properly and get a clear image of the stitches. The lanyard is prettier than the images show.

Wishing you all blissful me time to create something beautiful. See you next Tuesday for more communi-tea!

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Good work, that's a lot of tatting!

tattrldy said...

The lanyard is soooo pretty! You say you've reached 22 inches - how long are you planning on making it?

IsDihara said...

Tattrldy, my previous lanyard was 36 inches but the instructions for this one say to stop at 30 inches.

I had intended to tat on until I reached 36, but the weight of the beads encourages the lace to stretch -- which is probably why the designer said to stop at 30!

Patty Duff, you are so wise.

God's Kid said...

Very nice!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!