Monday, January 9, 2023

We Still Do -- 19 years!

Nineteen years ago today, I said, "I do," to my husband, Todd Parent. He proposed to me in 2002 on a beautiful beach in Nags Head, North Carolina. It feels simultaneously like yesterday and a lifetime ago. 

I married him because I knew he would keep my laughing when I got too serious; because his blue eyes were clear, bright and keen, the bluest I had ever seen; because his lips were eminently kissable, and because I knew I could love him to the end of my days.

 
White lilies, red roses, red mini carnations,
alstroemeria, purple statice and assorted greenery


I was delighted when an unexpected bouquet was delivered this morning. I shouldn't have been surprised, except that I NEVER get the date of our wedding anniversary right. Never. Todd has always tolerated this failing with grace.

Nala, inspecting her gift

Nala was fascinated with HER colorful new bouquet, blithely posing with the largesse. (She is a cute little dickens, isn't she?  I hope she doesn't knock it off the table...)




4 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Congratulations. Funny you don’t remember your anniversary - I still remember mine even though he ‘left home’ some thirty odd years ago!!! Wish I could forget mine!!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Congratulations! Beautiful flowers to celebrate.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How lovely!

Margarets designer cards said...

Congratulations, I hope you had a lovely day and beautiful flowers