Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dipping a Toe in the Design Pool


















I made a quick Post-it® sketch the other day of a stylized fleur de lis in the hopes of designing a tatted lace edging.

Awhile ago I joined the Design Tat group, but haven't kept up with the lessons. So I'm feeling like a fish out of water.

It will be fun to play around with Celtic tatting techniques, SCMRs, folded split rings or intertwining chains to see how or if they will bring the flow I'm looking for to the pattern repeats.

Mark Myers has a lovely fleur de lis edging on his web site. I would never presume to improve upon his work. I respect him and his designs too much. (Credit for the Fleur de Lis Heart, see right →)

2 comments:

connie said...

I love what you have done so far with the fleur de lis and the split ring edging. But,I'm just so intrigued with this drawing.
This would make the prettist fuschia.
Tatted or embroidered.
Thank You
Connie

IsDihara said...

Connie, thank you for your kind thoughts on my recent posts. The fleur de lis intrigues me too! I love your idea about the fuschia!