Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crazy Quilt Block Tatting

A quick update to share some of my tatting attempts to help Georgia Seitz in her 2010 Tat Days Scholarship fundraising project. Georgia has asked for help with crazy quilt block #86.

Here is a link to other crazy quilt blocks for the project: 2010 Scholarship PTG Fundraiser. At this juncture I am unsure if all of the blocks shown are unclaimed or if they are spoken for, but if you are interested in helping out I am sure Georgia will steer you in the right direction.

I have one last snippet of pumpkin on a vine edging left over from 2009's Halloween quilted ball ornament (closer look) that I think will look beautiful on block #86.

Birgit's spider should look right at home on quilt block #86. This is how far along I am in tatting the ingeniously constructed little arachnid.

With her long legs she looks a bit gothic, Tim Burton-esque? Just wait until those legs are finger-tatted.


Also in mind for the blue wavy segment of the quilt block is a baby whale from Heather, the Tarnished Tatter's book, "Afternoon Tatting." You can see a sample of the wee whale baby from Heather's Etsy page.


Cross your fingers that I will have finished the spider and started the baby whale in time for Tatting Tea Tuesday.

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

I just love your Tim Burton spider! I also covet your shuttle!
You do exquisite work.