Monday, January 7, 2013

Knot-Tea Fun

The Christmas Weed is dead!

Was it Wanda's wise comment that spurred Big Daddy (my husband) to action?

She wrote, "Mr. Pernicious is growing like a weed ;-) You do know what comes after flowers, right? Seeds!"

I may have embellished upon her wisdom a tiny bit, "...come Spring that weed will be tall enough to bite you in the backside, Mister, and babies will be shooting up from the seeds." (*wry grin*)

Applause for Wanda, for bringing the persuasive power of seeds to bear on the situation.




To celebrate this "seedy" victory, sing with me a fractured song lyric sung to the joyous munchkin refrain from L. Frank Baum's film, The Wizard of Oz.

Ding Dong the Weed is Dead


Ding Dong! The Weed is dead. Which old Weed? The Christmas Weed!
Ding Dong! The Christmas Weed is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Christmas Weed is dead. 


It's gone where the bread crumbs go, O're the fence, you know. 
Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong, the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Christmas Weed is dead! 


Knots and Tea
Just had to share this adorable felted heart pin and the beautiful, white tatted heart sent to me by JB.  Don't they look smashing together?


Here is JB's tatted heart in all its lacy glory. She does such wonderful work.


I did not tat this heart.  It was included in a gift JB mailed to me before the holidays.

As for tea, today I am drinking a lovely tisane (herbal infusion) called Christmas Eve/Veille de Noël by Stash.  It is a festive blend of mint and sweet spices that brews up into a warm, soothing cup.

Check back tomorrow to see the heart on which I am currently working.  And progress on my Gingerbread Boy.

3 comments:

tattrldy said...

Glad I could be of service! :-))
Lovely gifts from JB. Both pieces look great by themselves but they do look good together, too.

Margarets designer cards said...

That's a beautiful heart and what a gorgeous present.
Margaret

JB said...

I am so glad that you like the heart. The felted one fits perfectly. I love the colors in it.