Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tatting Tea Tuesday - Petal Progress

Two sample lily petals,
Beads added to petal - lower left


For a long time I have wanted to create a 3D Stargazer lily. (Or several lilies for a stem, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.) So I decided to use the pattern for a single petal as the April tatting social at my LYS. I started tatting petals and taught others to tat them too.Win - win!

Three petals complete

Six petals are needed for a 3D lily. I have made three so far. Hurray! Half-way to first flower.
Edit:  This free PDF pattern is available from Linda Davies' site: Tattyhead

Stargazer Lilies in my front yard (July, 2008)


See the gorgeous dark flecks in the petals? I tried adding cranberry-colored seed beads to mimic them. (See top image) My size 15 Miyuki beads are a bit too small, but the color is perfect!

Stargazer Lilies in my front yard (July, 2008)

Stargazer (as are most) lilies are uplifting and majestic -- a perfect choice for Tatting Tea Tuesday. Wishing you all blissful me time to create something beautiful. See you next Tuesday for more communi-tea!

6 comments:

Fox said...

So pretty!
Fox : )

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous, I brought a few of these bulbs a couple of weeks ago, but so far the weather has been too cold to get in the garden to plant then, I love them but the perfume from some I brought last year was so powerful I had to get rid of them.
Margaret

Crazy Mom! said...

Can't wait to see the completed lily - very pretty so far!

God's Kid said...

Pretty petals!! :)

Umintsuru said...

Wow! Those lilies are glorious. We only see them as cut flowers here never in someone's garden . Can't wait to see the tatted 3d lily too.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love Stargazers! Can't wait to see how your tatted ones turn out!