Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Does Inspiration Come From?

Image Source: Dan Blake's Blog

Where does inspiration come from when an artist picks up a shuttle?

It is everywhere and can come from anywhere. Would this fabric sample make a lovely lace pattern? Seven Islands Floral Note: There are two screen prints to choose from.

How about this blog showing how one creative bride turned an image of a glorious Arizona sunset into a breathtaking Autumn table top: Fall Table Inspiration

For a completely different example of design inspiration, CraftStylish (one of my favorite creative blogs) has this answer: Our Higher Nature

As unbelievable as it sounds, I have found inspiration in a potted plant sitting in my neighbor's living room. And we all know my fondness for teapots. I often find inspiration there. But I have also found tatting inspiration in architecture, nature and an unusual door knocker!

Do you have a tale of design inspiration? Please share it. I'd love to hear.

No comments: