Saturday, November 14, 2009

Isn't this pretty?


Image Source: Functional Fiber Art Etsy shop


Isn't this a pretty little gift card holder?

Prairie - Keyring Card Pouch

A Kindred Spirit
The creator of this hand-made case hails from Auckland, New Zealand. And she lists HDT as well as tatting and lace among some of her favorite things.

How did I come across this cleverly decorated case? I stumbled upon it after window shopping the latest hook pen arrivals to LadyShuttleMaker's Etsy shop.

nzjo has a few different styles of card cases and other items in her Etsy shop, if you care to browse.

Although I paused at the price, I don't doubt that the cost is totally in line for a custom-made item. Especially if the needle artist is creating the tatting herself.

I'm putting one of these on my Wish List for Santa.

[*scribbling.sounds.of.pen.on.paper*]
Dear Santa,
I've been an exceptionally good girl this year...I have kept my HDT purchases within budgeted limits (barely), blogged with discipline and kept my online and real life responsibilities in balance. If you could slip a keyring card pouch decorated with tatting and silk ribbon embroidery under the tree, I'd be ever so grateful.

Thank you, Santa!

Yours,
IsDihara
[*gently.blows.across.paper.to.dry.the.ink*]

You are welcome to use my hastily scribbled note for your own Letter to Santa.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I ♥ this needleartist, too! I would love something like that for a checkbook cover! She apparently got a big box of tatted doilies from some man and chops 'em all up (gasp! LOL!) and makes beautiful things with them. I have had the good fortune of winning one of her fabric postcards and I've purchased some Christmas stockings from her that have tatting on them.

Viv said...

I actually have one of her lovely card holders. Iuse it liked a wallet w/ keys and such attached to the ring on the end. Mine is a lovely green w/ a tatted medallion and a silk ribbon flower embroidered (sp?) on the from....LOVE IT

Gina said...

I've read her blog and watched her with her lovely creations but haven't ventured to her Etsy shop. Most of these beautiful things are beyond my financial means, but not my ability to imagine making - if I had time. LOL!

Carla said...

It's wonderful!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Thank you for the link. She has some pretty things in her Etsy shop. The pin cushions are lovely too!!